Adult ADHD Treatment
Counseling For ADHD / ADD
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) do not just affect children. Adult Attention Deficit Disorder can affect your success at work, your ability to manage your personal life, and can cause stress in your relationships. Adult ADHD treatment can help you get your life back on track.
If you’re not sure whether or not you might have ADHD / ADD then take our brief online ADHD quiz. If you checked six or more items under the Hyperactivity section, this suggests symptoms of ADD. If you checked six or more items under the Impulsivity section, this suggests symptoms of ADHD. Of course, this mini-assessment is not meant to be a diagnosis. It’s also important to look at your history and feedback from family and friends. A counselor can help you do a thorough assessment to see if ADD/ADHD is a possible factor for you and if you should seek adult ADHD treatment.
Personal Counseling for Adult ADD/ADHD Can Help You:
- Understand the impact of ADHD / ADD in your life and your relationships
- Develop strategies and skills for coping with distractibility
- Create a work environment in harmony with the way your brain works
- Deal with procrastination
- Develop strategies and skills for coping with hyperactivity and impulsivity (for ADHD)
- Communicate effectively with people affected by your ADHD / ADD so that you can develop a partnership in managing your Attention Deficit Disorder
- Develop a sense of self-esteem so that you don’t lose track of your strengths
- Optimize environments and career to align with gifts of creativity, intelligence, and energy
Adult ADHD/ADD Medication:
Adult ADHD treatment involves a multi-prong approach. Counseling and medication together to help you control and manage your symptoms. Working with a medical doctor to manage your ADHD with medication can be helpful. As therapists, we do not prescribe medication, but we can refer you to a psychiatrist (medical doctor). Talk with your counselor if you have questions or concerns about medication. There are several other ways to live with ADD without medication such as diet, exercise, a good-fit career, engaging in creative activities, and living a life based on your strengths.
Let us help you take steps to living a satisfying life with adult ADHD. Using the available adult ADHD treatment services that we offer can help you to manage the disorder and help bring you back to a productive life.