The Twelve Pathways for Personal Growth
1. I am freeing myself from negative emotions that make me try to forcefully control situations in my life, and thus destroy my peace of mind and keep me from loving myself and others.
2. I am discovering how my thinking creates my illusory version of the changing world of people and situations around me.
3. I welcome the opportunity (even if painful) that my moment-to- moment experience offers me to become aware of the limiting beliefs that I must release to be liberated from my automatic emotional patterns.
Being Here Now
4. I affirm and trust that I have everything I need to enjoy my here and now-unless I am being dominated by negative emotions and thoughts I carry from the past into the future.
5. I take full responsibility here and now for everything I experience, for it is my own thoughts and beliefs that creates my actions and also influences the reactions of people around me.
6. I accept myself completely here and now including my negative emotions, limiting thoughts and self-defeating actions as a necessary part of my growth into a whole and complete human being.
Interacting With Others
7. I open myself genuinely to all people by taking responsibility for my deepest feelings and thoughts and being willing to communicate myself with the intention of releasing any limiting thoughts and feelings from my consciousness.
8. I listen with loving compassion to the feelings and thoughts of others without getting emotionally caught up in their predicaments that are offering them lessons they need for their growth.
9. I act freely when I am loving and at peace with myself, but if possible I avoid taking action when I am emotionally upset and blaming my circumstances and others for my experience.
Discovering My Highest Potential
10. I am continually seeking to be aware of my limiting thoughts and negative feelings that provide me the opportunity to release them and return to peace of mind.
11. I trust the process of my growth by continually giving up my illusion of control and placing the future in the hands of my higher power.
12. I am perceiving everyone, including myself, as an awakening being worthy of love.
Go to the next journaling exercise: Conversations with Persons Exercise
Click here to download the pdf version.
*Journaling exercises written by Cort Curtis, Ph.D, used with permission.