- This event has passed.
Adult DBT Daytime Group
May 2 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm CDT
An event every week that begins at 11:30 am on Monday, repeating until December 31, 2022
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Group (DBT)
Learn Effective Coping Strategies for Overwhelming Emotions & Improve Interpersonal Relationships
- Does it seem that your emotions are out of your control?
- Are you struggling with intense or overwhelming feelings of anger, sadness, frustration, nervousness and more?
- Is emotional reactivity making it difficult to get your needs met in relationships?
- Have your strong, unpredictable feelings led to issues in your relationships, career or life in general?
- Do you wish you could better manage your emotions, feel more in control and create stability in your relationships, career and life?
- Do you find yourself struggling to build or maintain relationships?
A DBT Skills Group will help you:
- Evaluate and understand your emotions so they know how to respond to them instead of reacting and making the situation worse with self-destructive behaviors
- Communicate effectively and maintain positive relationships with friends, family and teachers when intense emotions make relating to others in a healthy way challenging
- Gain confidence to ask for help when life gets overwhelming and to say “no” to others when needed
- Discover how to mindfully and fully enjoy each moment of your life, even when responsibilities have piled up and you are feeling overwhelmed
Our Houston-based Dialectical Behavioral Therapy group focuses on four major skill areas.
Mindfulness: develop skills to accept thoughts and urges without criticizing or impulsively acting on them. Learn to stay in the present moment without ruminating on the past or worrying about the future.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: learn strategies for asking for what you need, saying no and coping with interpersonal conflict.
Emotion Regulation: learn skills to regulate out-of-control emotional states.
Distress Tolerance: learn skills for coping with crises without reacting impulsively.
By Working With the DBT Therapy Group, You Can:
- Move from out-of-control to in-control
- Get unstuck from extreme positions, emotions, behavior and/or rigid ways of thinking
- Decrease issues that interfere with quality of life, such as depression, eating disorders, anxiety, social isolation, etc.
- Decrease obsession about past or worry about the future and increase awareness of the present moment
- Understand how to experience emotions in a way that is not overwhelming
- Improve relationships and increase connection
- Increase connection and fulfillment
- Many people struggling with intense emotions can and do get better! You can learn how to experience longer periods of stability and regulation of emotions.
DBT therapy can also help with: depression, self-harm, anxiety, trauma & PTSD, eating disorders, alcohol/drug addiction, suicidal thoughts/urges, and many other areas in which you may feel stuck.
Register for the Adult DBT Skills Group:
- Complete the interest form to RSVP and schedule a consult to determine the best-fit for you.
- Cost: $75 per session, billed monthly $300; group meets weekly