- This event has passed.
DBT Skills Group for Middle Schoolers
February 8 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm CST
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills Group for Middle Schoolers
Age Requirement – 12-4 years.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a skills-based approach that teaches cognitive techniques to help your teen make healthy and effective choices to create a life they will love and be proud of.
DBT is the balance of change and acceptance held in the belief that your teen has the desire and ability to grow and change. The skills they will learn can make a significant impact on their future success.
DBT Therapy will help your child:
- Regulate emotions so they can respond instead of reacting to situations and communicate more effectively with parents and others so they will feel more supported, heard, and less judged
- Learn concrete coping strategies to deal with difficulties so that they no longer respond with impulsive behavior at the moment and recognize avoidant behaviors, such as self-harm and substance abuse, as not being a helpful or effective solution, and consciously manage those behaviors while utilizing healthier coping strategies
- Be happy, even under the many stresses of teenage life
Register for the Middle School Student DBT Group:
- Group meets once weekly
- Cost $56.25; billed monthly $225
- Complete an interest form and we will reach out to schedule a consult to learn more about your child’s needs and ensure we find the best-fit resource for your child