- This event has passed.
Middle School Therapy Group
June 6 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm CDT
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Monday, repeating until December 31, 2022
Middle School is a Tough Time for Kids and a Critical Transition Point
The dynamics of middle school become more focused on peers and particular membership to peer groups.
Middle school students begin the responsibility of making personal decisions that will impact their lives. Middle schoolers will learn the skills necessary to adapt to life’s many changes.
Research shows that group counseling during this critical period increases a child’s social and academic competence, and helps them develop coping skills to use for all life’s challenges.
We are offering a group for middle school students ages 11-13 to help in easing the internal and external stressors associated with adolescent personal growth and development.
The core elements and issues covered in group counseling will include:
- Self-compassion and self-care
- Healthy sexuality
- Peer relationships
- Communication skills
- Coping strategies
- Academic challenges
- Groups are an amazing way to support pre-teens. This age is a developmental stage where connecting with each other becomes a priority.
- Group therapy supplies members with important ways of coping and dealing with middle school transition and life stressors.
- Group therapy is a setting providing support and offering hope; allowing middle school students to share common problems and develop a sense of belonging.
- Group therapy will help kids learn social skills and build a sense of belonging.
To Register for the Middle School Student Group:
- Complete the interest form, we will reach out to have a consult and discuss your child’s needs
- Cost: $75 per session, billed $300 monthly
- Group meets once per week on Mondays