- This event has passed.
DBT Skills for Parents of Teens
March 3 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CST
DBT Skills for Group for Parents
**This group will be held virtually through video until further notice.**
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a skills-based approach that teaches cognitive techniques to help your teen make healthy and effective choices to create a life they will love and be proud of.
DBT is the balance of change and acceptance held in the belief that your teen has the desire and ability to grow and change. The skills they will learn can make a significant impact on their future success.
Is this group right for me?
A DBT Group for Parents will help:
- You learn the same skills that teens are learning in DBT groups. So you can practice with each other and work on skills coaching at the moment.
- Parents be able to use their own DBT skills to help regulate their own emotions as well as offering support to their teen when a teen is in crisis.
- You apply DBT to multiple areas of your life and feel more of an understanding and ways to connect with your teen.
Does your teen ever?
- Feel sad or angry and they don’t know why or have a critical or negative self-view?
- Sleep too much or too little?
- Have sudden weight gain or loss?
- Focus on making others happy while neglecting their own needs?
- Experience emotional outbursts?
This group is for:
Parents and/or caregivers who are living with teens with emotional dis-regulation and need help learning skills to respond effectively to their teen, and help their teen regulate their emotions, mood swings, self-harm, and anger outbursts.
Register for the Parent Support Group
- $65 per session, billed monthly at $260
- Meets weekly
- Complete the interest form below and we will schedule a consult to learn more about your needs.