Houston, TX LPC Intern Supervision
For those of you who are in the process of becoming Licensed Professional Counselors, Rachel offers LPC Intern Supervision for a select number of LPC Interns that demonstrate the potential for success and ethical standards in counseling. Rachel offers supervision only to those working with adolescent and adult populations.
When available we also offer part-time internship hours to counselors who have completed their Masters degree, passed the state licensing exam, and obtained their LPC Intern license. We are not a practicum site and do not offer practicum hours. It’s important that you share in the values and philosophy of this practice. Please read the key tenants and ensure that you can uphold and embody our philosophy.
The process of supervision involves deepening your skills as a counselor and growing into your role as a professional counselor. We will collaboratively set goals for your growth along the way and ensure that you are well prepared for independent licensure as a professional counselor. Your career-related goals will be part of the supervisory process so that you are prepared to work in a variety of roles.
While personal compatibility is always necessary for a productive relationship, there are also some other logistical requirements that must be met before supervision can begin, such as the following.
The fee for individual supervision is $125.00 per hour. Group supervision is available bi-weekly at no cost.
Requirements to Start Supervision:
- Copy of Current Resume
- Copy of Transcript
- Practicum Evaluation From Your Supervisor
- Copy of Score from National Counselor Exam (NCE)
- Copy of Temporary License
- Copy of Liability Insurance
- List of Counseling References
- Signed Supervisory Agreement Form
- Licensing Paperwork to Send to the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors
State of Texas Requirements:
- Masters degree in counseling through an accredited university along with the completion of all LPC Board required practicum and classes.
- Satisfactory completion of the NCE and jurisprudence exam.
- An application for LPC Licensure, documentation of practicum, and Supervisory Agreement Form sent to the Texas State Board of Examiners.
Rachel is approved by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors to supervise LPC Interns who are working on obtaining their required internship hours. Supervision is based on the Board’s established guidelines which are designed to assist interns in becoming highly competent and ethical practitioners. If you believe that you could be a compatible team member, please contact Rachel to arrange an in-person meeting to discuss your goals.