Nutritional Supplements for Natural Anxiety Relief
The suggestions listed below as natural anxiety relief are for maintenance purposes only, not treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms of anxiety and/or depression, it is strongly recommended that you consult FIRST with a psychiatrist to receive a thorough evaluation and plan to best assist you.
Depression and anxiety are very serious and treatable! Furthermore, depending on the nature of your symptoms, you might not be able to effectively metabolize nutritional supplements thus, the benefits would not be realized.
Contact a medical professional before trying any new natural anxiety relief supplement to find out what your risks are and how it may or may not benefit you. Side effects also occur with natural supplements. Be sure you read all warning labels and documentation and consult a physician in Houston before trying any natural anxiety relief supplement in your diet.
If you are having suicidal thoughts, contact someone immediately. You can speak to someone 24/7 at the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: fish oil is the most well absorbed Omega 3 Fatty Acid and can help with maintenance of mild depressive symptoms.
- St. John’s Wort: at a a dosage of 300mg 3x per day. May increase side effects of SSRI’s, SAMe , and induce mania in bipolar, so don’t take without consulting your physician first.
- L-Theanine (an amino acid found in green tea): Induces feelings of tranquility; used to reduce anxiety. May increase actions of blood pressure medications.
- Kava Kava: helps with anxiety, postmenopausal anxiety. Side effects include stomach upset, headache, dizziness, sedation, dry mouth. Do not use if you have liver toxicity.
- Calms Forte (homeopathic): Helpful for insomnia, especially if caused by “too much thinking”.
To get started now give us a call to schedule an appointment at 832-559-2622 or schedule an appointment online.
Sign up to be notified of group and workshop dates.