Personality Attributes of People Deeply Satisfied with their Careers
Below lists the personality characteristics of people who have found deeply satisfying careers and are able to maintain that satisfaction over their lifespan.
This list was compiled from a study of individuals who were happy and deeply satisfied with their work and career path.
Can you identify with any of the items on the list?
Strengthening any of these areas may be beneficial for you in multiple areas of your life. Most importantly, it may help you to continue to pursue and live a deeply satisfying life. Career counseling can help if you are not quite where you would like to be personally or professionally.
Personality attributes of people deeply satisfied with their life’s work:
1. Positive sense of self. Self-awareness combined with competency in specific areas = self-confidence.
Sometimes it’s easier to develop self-awareness by receiving objective feedback from others. A therapist can help with this. Competency is developed by doing.
2. Self-determination. Maintaining realistic views of situations, personal responsibility and clear personal values guide behavior and decisions in a positive direction.
3. Energy. High levels of internal motivation.
You can increase internal motivation by trusting and speaking up for yourself, increasing mindfulness skills and taking small action steps.
4. Strength of character. Tenacity to accomplish goals, resiliency during adversity, ability to tolerate ambiguity, uncertainty and frustration.
Cognitive behavioral therapy can provide you skills to increase your resiliency and ability to tolerate ambiguity and frustration.
5. Relationship with others. Using strategies such as active listening, humor, building rapport, open-mindedness, trust in others, and team work to facilitate positive relationships with others.
6. Relationship to the world. Exhibiting characteristics of positivism, curiosity, enthusiasm, and optimism, that allows for a hopeful and practical approach to functioning in the world.
Take a career assessment test online and get your results immediately. Book an appointment with a career counselor in Houston who is available to meet with you via phone, video or in person to discuss any career related question you might have. Participate in our career change coaching group, find your inspired career path. To get started now give us a call to schedule an appointment at 832-559-2622
View our other career planning resources here.
Sign up to be notified of group and workshop dates.