Top 10 Ways to Cope with Career Transition
Job transitions can be stressful—whether they’re due to layoff, a new job or working extra hours because others workers were laid off. If you’re facing one, consider the following.
2. Step up your self-care. Major changes are physically and emotionally taxing. You need self-care now more than ever.
3. Engage your curiosity. What went wrong, or right? What could you have done better? What worked really well?
4. Focus on what you want, and less on what you don’t want. Keep your eye on the prize.
5. Find support. Since your transition affects your family as well, it may be better to seek the outside support of friends or professionals.
6. Work on your thoughts. Calm your fears and reinforce your sense of hope and happiness.
7. Reassure (or avoid) those who are threatened by, or jealous of, the change.
8. Create your own rite of passage. Ceremony and ritual help with all transitions.
9. Let go of how things were “supposed to be” and accept “how things are.” Find appreciation for what is.
10. Keep things in perspective. Or try on a new perspective. Don’t get stuck. Remember, the only constant is change.
Want more help with your career?
Click here to learn more to our career coaching. Houston career counseling is always ready to help. Book an appointment with a career counselor who is available to meet with you via phone, Skype or in person to discuss any career related question you might have.
To get started now give us a call to schedule an appointment at 832-559-2622 or schedule an appointment online.
In this book, you will find practical advice on how to take advantage of your opportunity without regret. Written from a business perspective with philosophical underpinnings, enriched by personal stories and serious thought-provoking questions.
Author Lynn Joseph, a Fortune 100 corporate consultant, and career transition coach and psychologist, shows readers how to use a powerfully quick and effective visualization program to bounce back after being laid off.
Sign up to be notified of group and workshop dates.