Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Groups for Parents of Teens
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a skills-based approach that teaches cognitive techniques to help your teen make healthy and effective choices to create a life they will love and be proud of.
DBT is the balance of change and acceptance held in the belief that your teen has the desire and ability to grow and change. The skills they will learn can make a significant impact on their future success.
Does your teen ever…
- Feel sad or angry and they don’t know why or have a critical or negative self-view
- Sleep too much or too little
- Have sudden weight gain or loss
- Focus on making others happy while neglecting their own needs
- Experience emotional outbursts
Has your teen…
- Express a feeling of hopelessness or concern about having nothing to look forward to in life
- Been avoiding emotions by turning to self-harm, substance abuse, or shutting down
- Become involved in unhealthy relationships where they are treated badly
- Started making impulsive decisions
- Had a sudden change in academic performance
This group is for:
Parents and/or caregivers who are living with teens with emotional dis-regulation and need help learning skills to respond effectively to their teen, and help their teen regulate their emotions, mood swings, self-harm, and anger outbursts.
About The Facilitator
Marcie works with parents, young adults, and teens, together or individually, to assess what the major issues and roadblocks are, address any hurts and misunderstandings, and work towards better communication, finding common ground, and family unity. She specializes in behavioral issues, individual, family issues and parenting issues, with a focus on depression, addiction, anxiety, trauma, oppositional behaviors, family relationships, social isolation and peer/ interpersonal relationships.READ THE FACILITATORS BIO
This group will meet weekly, Fridays 12-1pm.
$65 per session, billed monthly at $260
Virtual Group Until Further Notice
1501 Crocker Street, Suite #2,
Houston, TX 77019
Why Join A Group
A DBT Group for Parents will help:
- You learn the same skills that teens are learning in DBT groups. So you can practice with each other and work on skills coaching at the moment.
- Parents will be able to use their own DBT skills to help regulate their own emotions as well as offering support to their teen when a teen is in crisis.
- You apply DBT to multiple areas of your life and feel more of an understanding and ways to connect with your teen.
Upcoming Events Schedule
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.