Is Online Therapy or Virtual Counseling Right for You?
Perhaps you’re too overwhelmed with anxiety, stress, and daily preoccupations to even think of navigating traffic to visit a therapist’s office. Or maybe a physical limitation, health concern, medical condition, chronic illness, chronic pain, transportation, or mental health issue makes leaving the house a complex challenge.
If this sounds familiar, you may be the perfect candidate for our phone or video-based online counseling services with our highly trained, licensed, and specialized therapists.
Phone or Video-based online counseling services
A Safe Place For Ongoing Support
In the time of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic social distancing and heightened anxiety, online counseling can be a comforting reprieve and a safe source of ongoing support.
Give us a call at 832-323-2726 and our caring staff can help match you with the best-fit online counselor for your unique needs.
Telehealth Makes Mental Health Services Accessible
If you are looking for help dealing with depression, anxiety, relationship issues, eating disorders, trauma, child, parenting & family concerns, career issues, working with a therapist online through video therapy can help.
Or perhaps you just need some additional support in your life. During times of stress and anxiety, loneliness and isolation or uncertainty, having a regular support system in place is critical.
Maintaining your mental health during times of stress is just as important as caring for your physical health and can help you maintain a strong immune system.
Online Therapy Sessions
Online Therapy FAQ’s
Many individuals who could benefit from counseling online simply don’t know enough about the process to feel comfortable with initiating sessions. Therefore, we’ve put together a few frequently asked questions that may help shed some light on how virtual therapy works.
- The only real difference between these two types of therapy is that instead of meeting with your therapist in-person at a set location, you get to work from wherever you would like to via the internet (video/webcam) or phone.
- With the online therapy platform, we can accommodate almost any schedule.
- With traditional counseling, you’re limited to the time and space in your schedule that will allow you to trek across town for that appointment.
- Some mental health issues just can’t wait. You can meet with your licensed therapist directly from home, the office, or even your car.
- Our video counseling service provides mental health care that meets you where you are and conforms to your personal needs for safety, comfort, and convenience.
- Absolutely. The licensed professional counselor that you will be working with online is the same one our Client Care Coordinators would pair you with if you came into our physical location for traditional therapy.
- We don’t just have one generalist who takes care of the virtual side of things. Instead, all our therapists are licensed by the American Counseling Association with their areas of specialization. So you can look forward to working with someone uniquely qualified to address your specific situation.
- Further, our online therapy program provides the same exceptional customer service and attentive therapy as our live sessions.
- Our Client Care Coordinators are available Mon-Fri to help find a good therapist for you, answer your questions, or address any needs you have.
- Appointments are available seven days/week.
- To receive a recommendation of a good fit therapist for you:
- Call our Client Care Coordinator M-F 8am-6pm at 832-323-2726
- Send us a message requesting a recommendation in the chat box at the bottom of the screen
- Schedule a free consult with our Practice Manager
- If you are wondering if online therapy “is legit,” have faith. Many organizations have extensively researched video chat sessions’ efficacy to find what type of therapy is best.
- They have found no difference in the effectiveness of working with a psychologist online versus traditional counseling methods.
- In fact, in our professional experience, we routinely find that clients are more inclined to open up and share their stories with their mental health counselors when they feel at ease. That’s one of the reasons why web therapy can be so powerful.
- When you are working from your comfort zone, therapy has one less barrier to break down before healing can take place. It can help you get to the root of your mental health concerns quicker.
Research shows that online therapy does work! Read these studies to learn more about the effectiveness and benefits of online counseling.
Why might you choose video counseling?
We understand that life can get in the way of self-care. We wanted to make sure that there was one less obstacle for our clients to overcome.
A couple of benefits of online counseling include:
- Online therapy platforms are incredibly convenient.
- eliminating the hassle of taking off from work
- finding a sitter for the kids, navigating traffic
- fighting bad weather
- spending money on gas
- or simply finding the motivation to go
- Plus, wait times are shorter, there’s greater anonymity, and you have greater flexibility in scheduling—including Sundays and evening hours.
- And if you live in a rural area or have a hard time finding an excellent licensed therapist who can offer the specialized mental health care services you need, online sessions are the perfect resource.
- By eliminating all of those distractions and deterrents, you can finally concentrate on taking care of yourself without stressing about it.
- One of the surprising benefits of web therapy is that it potentially allows us to see who you are within the context of your real life. All too often, traditional therapy sessions force clients to assume unrealistic versions of themselves.
- Video counseling gives your therapist a unique perspective. They might pick up on additional bodily or emotional cues that otherwise might not be noticeable in a traditional counseling setting. That added level of insight can help us develop a treatment strategy that is more individualized and tailored to meet your needs.
- Being in a comfortable setting can also help you get to the root of your concerns much quicker.
- Just as in our physical office, we will strive to match you with someone who is specifically qualified to target your needs.
- Our licensed professional counselors are trained in a variety of evidence-based interventions.
- These include:
- Most types of therapy and mental health care treatments available through traditional face to face counseling are also available as online therapy programs.
- Our licensed therapists are also trained in specific interventions designed to be effective in video counseling.
- Initially, we began online therapy needed in the wake of natural disasters and multiple effective interventions were developed to assist with a wide variety of behavioral health concerns. Whether you are recovering from infidelity, battling an eating disorder, bipolar disorder, or seeking therapy for depression/anxiety disorder, and self-esteem issues, boundary issues, anger management, panic disorder, or working your way through a tough transition, we have someone who can help. You can choose to work with a CBT therapist online, a marriage and family therapist or even parent-child online therapy.
Consequently, if you would like to see a full list of our specializations and services, please click here . You can seek counseling for any of our service areas via online therapy.
- Distance counseling has been around for a number of years, so it’s not exactly a new development. However, professionals in the medical field are relying on telehealth, video-based, online conferencing, to supplement their clients’ well-being more than ever.
- Whether doctors, psychiatrists, licensed psychologists, or psychotherapists, all health professionals are finding that telehealth online services can help individuals in ways that traditional in-person visits cannot.
- Our practice has been working with clients online since 2005. We have extensive knowledge and experience in virtual therapy. We also stay up to date on the most recent trends, research, and advances in the online counseling and therapy field through professional organizations such as the Telebehavioral Health Institute.
- Our therapists have been trained specifically in distance therapy and some are certified as Distance Credentialed Counselor. We also stay current within our profession through associations such as the American Psychological Association or the American Counseling Association.
- Yes. Just as in traditional therapy, our online therapy providers are all required to be licensed mental health professionals in the state they are serving.
- Our therapists are licensed psychologists, licensed professional counselors and licensed clinical social workers.
- Their license authorizes them to provide therapy methods in the state they are licensed.
- While they may also work as life coaches or career counselors, you can rest assured that our licensed therapists have completed the rigorous training methods to work as a qualified mental health professional.
- Yes, therapy services are provided by licensed mental health professionals. We only conduct legitimate online therapy sessions similar to in person therapy, which qualifies as a medical expense.
- You may use your FSA or HSA card for all therapy services provided by Eddins Counseling Group.
- Unfortunately, our therapy providers do not conduct therapy online via texting therapy, text message, video chatting, or chat sessions because we feel that it’s not as effective as web therapy with live video.
Online therapy is not an appropriate form of counseling if your presenting issue is an emergency.
- If you are having suicidal or homicidal thoughts distance therapy is not a good fit.
- Furthermore, if you are in a crisis, having suicidal thoughts, or if you are in imminent danger or a life-threatening emergency, we implore you to call 911 for immediate help or go directly to the nearest emergency treatment center.
- You can find emergency resources here if you need to speak to someone immediately.
- Traditional therapy would be a better fit to ensure your safety and provide more effective treatment.
- We will conduct a screening prior to engaging in therapy via online counseling to make sure it is a good fit for you. If it is determined that you would be better served via face-to-face methods, we will assist you with locating an appropriate referral.
- Make sure the desktop/laptop you are using has a built-in camera or webcam. (This is the same as what you would normally use for facetime or similar service).
- If you are using a phone or tablet, you will be prompted to download the JANE app to your mobile device. You will receive a link in your email. Go ahead and download the app from your email link so you are ready at the time of your appointment.
- You will receive a link to access your session through video in your appointment reminder email one hour prior to your appointment time. Just click on the link and you will be connected to your therapist!
- If you prefer to meet via phone, let our admin team know at the time of scheduling. Or let your therapist know the best number to reach you.
- While we offer standard, in-person sessions with highly-trained and qualified professionals at our counseling center in Houston, TX, we also bring that same level of quality and specialist expertise to our online clients. And if you’re local to Houston, you always have the option of scheduling an in-person session from time to time as well.
- Eddins Counseling Group offers online therapy services to residents of Texas, including Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin, Lubbock, Corpus Christi and more.
- We also have therapists licensed in multiple other states including Florida, Illinois, Washington, New Jersey, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Arizona, and other locations upon request. Contact our Client Care team at 832-323-2726 or by scheduling a free consult to find out if we can serve your area.
- If you would like to know more about our services or to set up an appointment for your first video therapy session, please call 832-323-2726 or schedule a free initial consultation.
- Our warm and compassionate staff would be pleased to address any additional questions or concerns you may have.
- When you call we can help you find a therapist who is the best fit for your unique needs and concerns. We look forward to helping you!
If you are ready to schedule an appointment, you can learn more about our mental health counselors here.