Eddins Counseling Group FAQ's
- Our fees range depending on the provider, but are within the FAIR pricing standards of the Healthcare Bluebook. Search for Individual Psychotherapy or Family Psychotherapy in the bluebook.
- Initial sessions are longer in length and at a higher cost while follow-up sessions are typically lower.
- We offer reduced fees for graduate-level clinicians currently in training and under weekly supervision by senior clinicians. While they have less experience, they have completed all academic requirements and have been thoroughly trained by our team.
- Graduate level clinician rates: $65 session
- Regular therapy rates range from $150-$225 per session depending on experience and session type. See the appt booking calendar for the exact fees for each therapist.
- We accept SANA benefits, Employer's Health Network, and have limited Aetna and United HealthCare availability.
- If you have a PPO plan, you can request a statement of services that can be used to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement from your out of network mental health benefits. (See question below on "How to Get Reimbursed by Insurance.")
- Our friendly staff can help you verify what portion your insurance will cover, should you have questions.
- Utilizing private pay is a huge advantage over most insurance since you will not be term-limited in your therapy, your insurance company will not be given any details of your therapy and you will not be given a diagnosis (this is helpful in case your medical records are subpoenaed for example).
- As we are a specialty practice, you can also discuss with your insurance company your eligibility for a single-case agreement (SCA) depending on the service requested and your insurance provider. An SCA works the same as using your in-network benefits if approved.
- You can also use your HSA or FSA plan to pay for therapy.
- For additional questions, give us a call at 832-559-2622 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm or schedule a free consult here.
- Payment is expected at the time of service. We process charges the morning of your appointment day.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, personal check or cash is accepted.
- We also accept Health Savings Account and Flex Spending Account cards from your employer.
- Career counseling services may be tax deductible as a “job search” expense if applicable. Ask your career counselor for a statement of services for your tax records.
- If you will be seeking reimbursement from your insurance company under your out of network benefits, we have partnered with Reimbursify to assist you.
- Reimbursify is an app to help patients who pay out-of-pocket to get reimbursed by their health insurance.
- Once you sign up with their app you can upload the superbills we provide you with to simplify the reimbursement process from your insurance.
- Reimbursify will submit your superbills to your health insurance on your behalf.
- You can click here to get 5 free submissions and learn more. After that, there is a small fee for them to submit your claims.
- Reimbursify is safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant.
- Please note that marital or couples counseling is not covered by insurance as it not considered a “medically necessary” service.
- To confirm, call your insurance company, and ask specifically, “Do you cover diagnostic code Z63.0 used for marriage/couples/premarital counseling?”
Yes! Click on this link and complete the form to submit your request. We will prepare your statement and send it to you the first week of each month.
No, we do not accept Medicaid/Medicare. You can reach out to those agencies directly to find a participating provider.