Do you ever wonder what’s beyond emotional eating?
Then take a look at Eddins Counseling’s newest group . . .
Discover Empowered Eating – The New Path for Making Peace With Food and Ending the Cycle of Overeating, Binging, and Craving
This course is designed to go deep and jump start transformation in the way you approach food, eating, and your body.
We will be using a curriculum called Root of Hunger TM for teaching skills to discover the root of your emotional hunger and get what you really need, so that the urges to eat are naturally reduced and you are no longer at the mercy of food cravings.
It’s a flexible, gentle approach that develops each woman’s inner wisdom to know what is uniquely right for them.
This is an 8 week virtual group experience delivered in two parts. Every week you will receive a “lesson” which includes awareness practices. This is followed by a weekly interactive teleseminar where you will get to ask questions and participate in interactive exercises to enhance your learning. Additionally, you have the option of interacting with us and each other in a private Facebook group.
After the 8 weeks of the intensive portion of the group, there will be a live monthly follow up session for 3 months, with an option of remaining in the follow up group.
This group is led by Rachel Eddins and Lisa Newman, Emotional Eating Coaches.
An ideal client for this group is a woman who:
- Has a history of dieting only to regain the lost weight
- Feels out of control around food, and overeats or binges, especially in the afternoon or evenings
- Grazes or eats when not hungry and feels too full afterwards
- Feels compelled to eat comfort foods
- Feels successful in other areas in her life, but not around food
- Thinks about food often, anticipating the next eating occasion
- Has food as their primary source of pleasure and fun
- Finds food to be comforting, soothing, and a reliable way to calm or relax when feeling tired, stressed, overwhelmed, or other unpleasant emotions
- Feels sad, ashamed, and guilty about her weight
- Is tired of living her life struggling against food and her body
Why should you consider an interactive virtual group experience?
Group experience is the most powerful format for rapid transformation, but for some the challenges of meeting on-site are too high. These include such things as scheduling conflict, geographic limitations, and fear of exposure to others. A virtual group provides a similar interactive experience, recordings for those who cannot make every session, and the ability to interact more anonymously by voice, without worry about being judged by others.
At the completion of the program, our goal is that you will no longer feel controlled and undermined by emotional eating. You will no longer need to fight against your body and appetite, and will be in charge of food rather than food being in charge of you.
- You will have awareness and understanding of the unique drivers of your emotional eating, and will have tools to manage emotions and provide self soothing that are more effective and rewarding than eating.
- You will be able to tap into your own inner wisdom as to what and when to eat so that you no longer need external rules and restrictions.
- You will have learned how to decode the messages and meaning in your emotions to reconnect with your life purpose and find deeper pleasure in living.
Investment: Group price is $397. Limited Space Available.
Start date: April 24, 2017, 7-8pm CST
End the struggle and discover EMPOWERED EATING
What’s The Course Schedule?
Written lessons will be provided every Wednesday. The lessons will include a mixture of questions to think and/or journal about as well as awareness practices.
Live sessions will occur every Monday at 7-8:15 p.m. Central Standard Time (1 a.m. Central European Time and 11 a.m. Tuesday Australian Eastern Time). The session will last approximately 1 hour, 15 minutes.
How Do I Participate?
Once you are registered we will deliver your lessons via e-mail on the weekly release date.
For the live calls, we will provide you with a U.S. number to call and an access code. (This should be free if you’re calling from a cell phone.) You will also be able to participate through the audio on your computer.
There’s no need to worry about the technology as we will be providing full instructions and guiding you through it.
How Will The Live Sessions Work?
We will present some information to the group, and lead some whole group practices, and facilitate break out sessions where you can practice in small groups.
We will also have time for individual questions, and quick coaching through stuck places. For this, the system has a way for you to virtually “raise your hand” so that we can un-mute you. You can also pose your questions in the private Facebook group, or send them to us ahead of time.
What If I Can’t Attend A Live Session?
The live sessions will be recorded for participant use in this group only and you will be given access to these recordings. (Only the large group discussion will be recorded. Your work in break out groups is private.)
Anyone wanting a partner for additional practice or for makeup can post that in the private Facebook group.
What’s The Investment?
The fee for this beta group is only a single payment of $397.
Disclaimer: This program is being delivered as an educational program. You will be provided coaching through the program from both Lisa and Rachel. While Rachel may draw on her background as a Licensed Professional Counselor, this program does not constitute group or individual therapy. We are supporting you in our role exclusively as Coaches and do not provide psychotherapy or counseling in this role.