DIALECTICAL BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (DBT) SKILLS GROUPS FOR Middle SCHOOLERS
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a skills-based approach that teaches cognitive techniques to help your middle schooler make healthy and effective choices to create a life they will love and be proud of.
DBT is the balance of change and acceptance held in the belief that your middle schooler has the desire and ability to grow and change. The skills they will learn can make a significant impact on their future success.
Does your child…
- Feel sad or angry and they don’t know why or have a critical or negative self-view
- Sleep too much or too little
- Have sudden weight gain or loss
- Focus on making others happy while neglecting their own needs
- Experience emotional outbursts
HOW TO KNOW YOUR CHILD NEEDS DBT?
- Express a feeling of hopelessness or concern about having nothing to look forward to in life
- Been avoiding emotions by turning to self-harm, substance abuse, or shutting down
- Become involved in unhealthy relationships where they are treated badly
- Started making impulsive decisions
- Had a sudden change in academic performance
About The Facilitators
This group meets weekly, Wednesdays 6-7pm.
(For ages 12-14).
$56.25 per session, billed monthly at $225; 6 month commitment.
5225 Katy Freeway, Suite 103
Houston, TX 77007