You are here:
Home » Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Test (OCD Test)
Are you wondering if you have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)? If so, this OCD test can help you determine the severity of OCD symptoms you are experiencing. While this OCD test does not diagnose OCD, if your symptoms are significant, it does warrant an assessment by a mental health professional.
If you are currently working with a therapist, you can send them your results to monitor your OCD symptoms and progress in treatment.
To receive your results enter the following:
[contact-form][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='Email Address (for results)' type='email'/][contact-field label='Phone' type='text'/][/contact-form]
2. Over the last seven days, how much did your obsessive thoughts interfere with your social or work functioning? (If you are currently not working, please think about how much the obsessions interfered with your everyday activities). (In answering this question, please consider whether there was anything that you didn't do, or that you did less, because of the obsessions).
3. Over the last seven days, how much distress did your obsessive thoughts cause you?
4. Over the last seven days, how often did you try to disregard or ignore these obsessive thoughts and let them pass naturally through your mind? (Here we are not interested in how successful you were in disregarding your thoughts but only in how much or how often you tried to do so).
5. Over the last seven days, how successful were you at ignoring or disregarding your obsessive thinking? (Note: Do not include here obsessions stopped by avoidance or doing compulsions.)
6. Over the last seven days, how much time did you spend performing compulsive behavior? How frequently did you perform compulsions? (If your rituals involve daily living activities, please consider how much longer it took you to complete routine activities because of your rituals).
7. Over the last seven days, how much did your compulsive behaviors interfere with your social or work functioning? (If you are currently not working, please think about your everyday activities).
8. Over the last seven days, how did you feel or would you have felt if prevented from performing your compulsion(s)? How anxious did you become or would you have become?
9. Over the last seven days, how much an effort did you make to resist the compulsions? Or how often did you try and stop the compulsion? (Rate only how often or how much you tried to resist your compulsions, not how successful you actually were in stopping them.)
10. Over the last seven days, how much control did you have over the compulsive behavior? How successful were you in stopping the ritual(s)? (If you rarely tried to resist, please think about those rare occasions on which you did try to stop the compulsions, in order to answer this question.)
Please fill in the comment box below.
Text Us 832-699-5001 | Call Us 832-559-2622 or BOOK AN APPOINTMENT