Find Hope, Support & Recovery for Eating Disorders
For those wanting to go from trapped and out of control to emotional support, acceptance, healing, and connection. You can recover from an eating disorder and live a healthy, satisfying life!
Struggling with an eating disorder is exhausting. You might experience negative thoughts and feelings about yourself, struggle with low self-esteem, anxiety, or feeling like a failure. Perhaps you battle with perfectionism and high expectations for yourself.
- Struggle to accept your body.
- Restrict certain foods from your diet or binge/purge if you have them.
- Obsess over exercise, body weight and health?
It doesn’t have to be this way.
The Eating Disorder Therapy Group can help you…
- No longer feel alone in your struggle with an eating disorder. Receive support, connection, wisdom and encouragement from others who know exactly what you are going through.
- Build skills and receive eating disorder education to help aid your continued recovery and maintenance.
- Heal feelings of guilt or shame surrounding behavioral patterns, mistakes, thoughts, or past experiences. Receive love, acceptance, support for who you are and where you’ve been.
- Address the “negative mind” and negative or critical thoughts and feelings about self.
- Explore your unique experience, and have it met with empathetic understanding in a safe, non-judgemental environment.
- Learn skills to cope with stressful situations.
- Reduce negative behaviors such as bingeing and purging.
- Decrease anxiety and obsession with food, exercise, and body weight.
- Increase self-acceptance, compassion and loving kindness towards yourself and your body.
Clients should leave group better connected to a social network of those in eating disorder recovery. They will be equipped with skills and support throughout their journey, and motivation to continue to work towards full recovery from an eating disorder.
About The Facilitator
Alexis specializes in working with adolescents, young adults, adults, and families. She has experience working with anxiety, depression, disordered eating, and trauma. She is formally trained in CBT, but also has a variety of experience with DBT, ERP, and ACT. Alexis is an EMDR-trained clinician.READ THE FACILITATORS BIO
This group meets every other Wednesday from 6-7 PM.
$50 per session, billed monthly at $100.
Virtual Group Until Further Notice
1501 Crocker Street, Suite #2,
Houston, TX 77019
Why Join A Group
Those tired of struggling with an eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, or compulsive eating. It is also appropriate for anyone who thinks they may have an eating disorder or disordered eating behaviors such as laxative use, food restriction, over-exercise, or bingeing and purging for example.
Regardless of what stage of recovery or level of treatment you may be in, a therapy group will be a beneficial aspect of your recovery. It’s never too late to decide to HEAL!