Find Hope & Support for Eating Disorder Recovery
For those wanting to go from trapped and out of control to emotional support, acceptance, healing, and connection. You can recover from an eating disorder and live a healthy, satisfying life!
Struggling with an eating disorder is exhausting. You might experience negative thoughts and feelings about yourself, struggle with low self-esteem, anxiety, or feeling like a failure. Perhaps you battle with perfectionism and high expectations for yourself. Maybe you:
- Struggle to accept your body.
- Restrict certain foods from your diet or binge/purge if you have them.
- Obsess over exercise, body weight and health?
It doesn’t have to be this way.
The Eating Disorder Therapy Group can help you…..
- No longer feel alone in your struggle with an eating disorder. Receive support, connection, wisdom and encouragement from others who know exactly what you are going through.
- Build skills and receive eating disorder education to help aid your continued recovery and maintenance.
- Heal feelings of guilt or shame surrounding behavioral patterns, mistakes, thoughts, or past experiences. Receive love, acceptance, support for who you are and where you’ve been.
- Address the “negative mind” and negative or critical thoughts and feelings about self.
- Explore your unique experience, and have it met with empathetic understanding in a safe, non-judgemental environment.
- Learn skills to cope with stressful situations.
- Reduce negative behaviors such as bingeing and purging.
- Decrease anxiety and obsession with food, exercise, and body weight.
- Increase self-acceptance, compassion and loving kindness towards yourself and your body.
Clients should leave group better connected to a social network of those in eating disorder recovery. They will be equipped with skills and support throughout their journey, and motivation to continue to work towards full recovery from an eating disorder.
Who Is This Group For?
Those tired of struggling with an eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, or compulsive eating. It is also appropriate for anyone who thinks they may have an eating disorder or disordered eating behaviors such as laxative use, food restriction, over-exercise, or bingeing and purging for example.
Regardless of what stage of recovery or level of treatment you may be in, a therapy group will be a beneficial aspect of your recovery. It’s never too late to decide to HEAL!
Go from overwhelmed to supported and skillful with this group!
Fill out the interest form below to get started or book a free consult call here.
Some error has occured.
Individual Eating Disorder Therapy Available
When recovering from an eating disorder, it is helpful to have a team to support you on your journey. You may wish to start with individual therapy or meet with a therapist on your own in between group sessions. We can match you with an Eating Disorder therapist that fits your needs. Contact us at 832-559-2622 for more information.