Focus on Wellness Speaker Series
This free speaker series brings mental health, career and wellness topics free to the community by licensed clinicians at Eddins Counseling Group. Each month features a unique topic on the second Thursday of the month from 7-8:00pm. All upcoming events will be held via webinar.
**The series is also available via webinar, once you register we will send you a link to view the seminar at the scheduled time.**
- 11/12/2020: Combatting Your Inner Critic and Living a Life of Self-Compassion We all possess an inner critic or “critical inner voice” We experience this “voice” as a negative internal commentary on who we are and how we behave. Do you find yourself listening to this voice and feeling shame, self-loathing and doubt? This wellness talk will focus on identifying, separating from and acting against this destructive thought process and living your life with self-compassion.-facilitated by Greta Bellinger
- 12/10/2020: Strength-Based Strategies to Improve Interpersonal Relationships – You’re stronger than you know. Grounded in positivity psychology research and practice, learn to identify your signature strength(s) and infuse it in your life to improve your interpersonal relationships. facilitated by AP Vo
- 1/07/2021: Tools for Strengthing the Parent-Child Relationship- Does it sometimes seem like your child doesn’t open up to you? Do you feel like you struggle to communicate effectively with your child? Or that you are often at a loss for how to respond to your child’s behaviors? In this webinar, you will learn ways to connect and strengthen your attachment with your child through communication and relationship-building skills. facilitated by Sarah Agarwal
Due to space limitations, please RSVP in advance.
Read feedback from participant’s experiences
“This workshop brought insightful strategies that you can implement with your partner or even in professional collaboration. Very engaging and lots of great takeaways. Thank you for providing these amazing resources!”-Strategies for Effective Communication in Relationships.
“I found it educational and very informative, helpful”- Strategies for Effective Communication in Relationships
” She made anxiety feel normal. I thought it was very realistic, lots of information” – Tools for Managing Anxiety Related Intrusive & Obsessive Thoughts
“Great presentation! I loved the vulnerability displayed by the presenter.” Tools for Managing Anxiety Related Intrusive & Obsessive Thoughts
“It was great! Great information was provided. It was clearly presented and the speaker kept me interested and provided great resources that we could use for ourselves or use with clients.”- Establishing Healthy Boundaries in Relationships
“Empowering…. Insightful” -Establishing Healthy Boundaries in Relationships
- 9/12/2019: Insomnia: Restoring Restful Sleep – Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that can make it hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep, or cause you to wake up too early and not be able to get back to sleep. In this talk, you will learn about factors that contribute to insomnia and strategies to improve your sleep. -facilitated by Rachel Eddins
- 10/10/2019: Co-Parenting in the Midst of Divorce– Divorce is difficult and painful and when children are involved can become a traumatic experience. This is especially true if parents are unable to effectively work together as co-parents. It’s a challenge to step outside of your pain and work alongside your former partner to continue to raise your children together, apart; however, it is not impossible. With some tips and things to watch out for, you and your ex can effectively co-parent your children and give them the love and support they need through a difficult family transition. – facilitated by Randi Waller
- 11/14/2019: Helping Your Anxious Teen-Being a teenager with anxiety is challenging and knowing how to best support them as a parent can make a huge difference. Teenagers are exposed to the harshness and comparisons of social media, body image, changing family dynamics, academic pressure, school shootings, etc. In this talk, you will learn what to look for to identify if your teen is struggling with anxiety and ways to help them manage it. – facilitated by Holly Lark Watch a replay of the presentation here.
- 12/12/2019: The Mind-Body Connection– The Mind-Body approach to overall health focuses on the interaction between mind and body and the powerful ways in which you can participate in bringing balance and harmony to your busy stressful life. There is a lifelong connection between our physical health and our mental health. Mind-body focused skills provides you with a foundation to understand this connection and to learn how to take care of yourself and have a more meaningful, fulfilled and relaxed life. – facilitated by Suzanne Kamfar
- 1/9/2020: Maximizing your LinkedIn Profile– Learn how to maximize your LinkedIn profile to attract employers and recruiters, effectively create, expand, and maintain your network, and utilize LinkedIn’s job search database to find your next position. – facilitated by Andrew Tessmer. Watch a replay of the presentation here.
- 2/13/2020: Post-Partum Stress & How to Cope– Understand the differences between postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety, and postpartum OCD. Demystify thoughts of harm as you learn to identify them as inherently unwanted and intrusive. Finally, we will explore ways to manage and cope with these common but treatable conditions. – facilitated by Kristen Gallien
- 3/12/2020: Understanding Trauma and Its Impact on Your Body– Trauma lives in the body and can stay trapped causing many emotional and physical issues. Learn more about how trauma shows up in the body and how to help the body release trauma and relieve emotional and physical pain. – facilitated by Becky Reiter. Watch a replay of the presentation here.
- 4/9/2020: Strategies for Effective Communication in Relationships– Are you having trouble communicating with your spouse? Does it feel like you are always misunderstood? Do simple or silly topics of discussion often turn into massive blow-ups? Healthy communication is the foundation of a strong marriage. Please join us to learn new effective ways of communicating with the people we love the most. -facilitated by Jenet Dove. Watch a replay of the presentation here.
- 5/14/2020: Tools for Managing Anxiety Related Intrusive & Obsessive Thoughts Join us in learning ways anxiety can overwhelm our daily lives and strategies to combat these intrusive thoughts – facilitated by Sarah Soto. Watch a replay of the presentation here.
- 6/11/2020: Helping Teens Regulate Intense or Overwhelming Emotions– Parenting adolescents through extreme emotions is a full-time job! Join us as we talk about skills to help your adolescent manage their emotions. – facilitated by Vanessa Guidry
- 7/9/2020: Establishing Healthy Boundaries in Relationships– Do you find that people tend to run over you? Do they insist on doing things their way, leaving you with the feeling that you have no choice but to go along? Or do they intrude into your life in ways that are uncomfortable for you? With healthy boundaries, you can begin to understand that you have rights and that you can set limits in your relationships. Learn what healthy boundaries are and how to build them. Learn how to gently, but firmly let people know that they are “stepping on your toes” and that you want them to stop. Building healthy boundaries takes practice, but it is worth the effort as you begin to ask for what you need and to have those needs respected.- facilitated by Joan Mullinax Watch a replay of the presentation here.
- 8/13/2020: The Emotional & Physical Impact of Trauma & How to Heal– You might be feeling overwhelmed due to some type of disturbing past event which shattered your sense of security. This may have been some type of abuse, an accident, violence, a natural disaster, or another distressing event. To help you make sense of the complex physical and emotional symptoms, the wellness talk will explore the aftereffects of trauma, triggers, and potential ways to heal. – facilitated by Steven Serrano. Watch a replay of the presentation here.
- 9/10/2020: Manage Emotional Reactions to Increase Connection and Get Your Needs Met– Our emotions, whether we’re aware of them or not, are at the center of our relationships and lives. This talk will focus on understanding how our emotions drive our actions and our reactions in ways that can affect our connection to others and our ability to achieve our goals. Mindfulness of our emotions and their link to our behaviors allows us to choose how best to get our needs met and how to react in effective ways when our emotions are highest and feel most overwhelming and urgent. – facilitated by Alexandra Marshall Watch a replay of the presentation here.
- 10/08/2020: How to Find Balance When Trying to Have it All: A Mom’s Guide to Thriving versus Surviving–You are enough. You are doing your best. Are these messages you wish you could incorporate into your inner dialogue? Do you lie awake at night thinking you should have done more with your family or kids? This workshop will help you re-frame your thinking about the time you have to give and become more present in the precious moments you have. – facilitated by Diana Cabrera- Stewart