Are You Tired of Compulsive Eating?
If you find yourself grazing, overeating, yo-yo dieting, emotional eating, binge eating, compulsive eating or obsessing about food, you can make peace! If you are feeling out of control with your relationship with food you are not alone. You can break free from out of control eating and weight obsession to find meaning and joy in your life. It’s time to take back your life!
In this compulsive eating, emotional eating and binge eating support group and therapy program (Make Peace with Food program) we look at factors that contribute to imbalance in each area of our lives, which contributes to feeling out of control with food. This is not a quick weight loss fix, but rather a long-term non-diet approach to connecting with yourself, evaluating your physical and emotional needs, and identifying factors that contribute to out of control eating.
This program is about compassionately healing from within and making long-term emotional and behavioral change that supports your most balanced, healthy self. The group process is a powerful way to learn the skills of making peace with food while benefiting from the support and understanding of others.
The program is designed to help you:
- Make peace with food
- Break free of emotional eating
- Effectively handle urges & cravings
- End binge eating & compulsive eating
- Practice self-care and self-compassion
- Cope with difficult thoughts and feelings
- Build your self-care buffer zone
- Rediscover joyful movement
- Identify your needs and how to get them met
- Use your values to make your life richer and more rewarding
About The Facilitator
Alexandra’s focus is on helping you develop self-confidence, cope with feelings of anxiety, emotional eating, loneliness and isolation, and manage major life transitions such as changing careers or becoming a parent. Alexandra is also skilled in DBT therapy and providing emotional support and coping skills to parents of young children.READ THE FACILITATORS BIO
Bi-Weekly, Thursdays 11:45-1:15pm
$75 per session; billed monthly
Why Join A Group
You will learn:
- How to end food and body image obsession
- How to identify your true needs, manage stress, and practice self-care
- How to manage your feelings and meet your needs without the use of food
- How to feel “good enough”