Can You Embrace Your Inner Critic?
The FREE Self-Acceptance Project from Sounds True
No matter how much spiritual practice, self-improvement, or therapy we’ve undertaken, there is one area where many of us still find ourselves challenged every day: self-acceptance. It seems all too easy to fall into the trap of judging ourselves as inadequate, finding fault with our achievements or our bodies, and believing our self-critical inner voices that insist we’ll never measure up to who we ought to be. Is there a solution?
Sounds True created The Self-Acceptance Project to find out.
In this FREE online video event series, each week Tami Simon will speak with two contemporary luminaries in the fields of spirituality, psychology, and creativity. Together they will explore the questions around self-acceptance—and investigate how we can overcome the difficulties of embracing who we are. Where do our self-critical voices come from? Can we silence them, or is there a better way to deal with them? Can we be motivated to change and excel while still accepting ourselves as we are? Why is it often so much easier to feel compassion and forgiveness towards others than towards ourselves?
The Self-Acceptance Project was created to offer you insights, practices, and strategies for living with a sense of your own fundamental worthiness. In this 12-week free video series, you’ll hear from a wide variety of thinkers and teachers as they share their stories and wisdom about self-acceptance, including:
- Geneen Roth, author of When Food Is Food and Love Is Love
- Brené Brown, PhD, LMSW, author of The Power of Vulnerability
- Parker Palmer, author of the audio program An Undivided Life
- Harville Hendrix, PhD, author of Finding and Keeping Love
- Tara Brach, PhD, author of Radical Self-Acceptance
- Kelly McGonigal, PhD, author of The Neuroscience of Change
- Robert Augustus Masters, PhD, author of Knowing Your Shadow
- Kristin Neff, PhD, author of Self-Compassion
- Mark Nepo, author of Staying Awake
- Rick Hanson, PhD, author of Meditations to Change Your Brain
- Steven C. Hayes, PhD, author of Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life
- Bruce Tift, MA, LMFT, author of Already Free
- Sharon Salzberg, author of The Kindness Handbook
- Karla McLaren, author of The Language of Emotions
- Judith Blackstone, PhD, author of The Realization Process
- Raphael Cushnir, author of The One Thing Holding You Back
- Jeff Foster, author of The Deepest Acceptance
- Reginald A. Ray, PhD, author of Mahamudra for the Modern World
- Friedemann Schaub, MD, PhD, author of The Fear and Anxiety Solution
- Cheri Huber, author of Unconditional Self-Acceptance
- Jay Earley, PhD, author of Self-Therapy (to be released in 10/2013)
- Erin Olivo, PhD, MPH, author of Free Yourself from Anxiety
To get started now give us a call to schedule an appointment at 832-559-2622 or schedule an appointment online.
Sign up to be notified of group and workshop dates.