You are here:
Home » Quizzes & Surveys » Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE)
Written by Frankie Gonzalez
January 26th, 2018; Posted in
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) are traumatic experiences that may include abuse, neglect, household dysfunction, witnessing domestic violence, or growing up in a household with members that have substance abuse disorders. The ACE quiz scores different types of abuse, neglect, and other factors that may indicate a traumatic childhood. According to the ACE study, the more traumatic your childhood, the higher your score on the quiz will be, and the more likely you will be to experience physical and mental health issues, as well as being more susceptible to substance and alcohol abuse, in adulthood.
While you were growing up, during your first 18 years of life:
1. Did a parent or other adult in the household often or very often…Swear at you, insult you, put you down, or humiliate you? or Act in a way that made you afraid that you might be physically hurt?
2. Did a parent or other adult in the household often or very often…Push, grab, slap, or throw something at you? or Ever hit you so hard that you had marks or were injured?
3. Did an adult person at least 5 years older than you ever…Touch or fondle you or have you touch their body in a sexual way? or Attempt or actually have oral, anal, or vaginal intercourse with you?
4. Did you often or very often feel that …No one in your family loved you or thought you were important or special? or Your family didn’t look out for each other, feel close to each other, or support each other?
5. Did you often or very often feel that … You didn’t have enough to eat, had to wear dirty clothes, and had no one to protect you? or Your parents were too drunk or high to take care of you or take you to the doctor if you needed it?
6. Were your parents ever separated or divorced?
7. Was your mother or stepmother: Often or very often pushed, grabbed, slapped, or had something thrown at her? or Sometimes, often, or very often kicked, bitten, hit with a fist, or hit with something hard? or Ever repeatedly hit at least a few minutes or threatened with a gun or knife?
8. Did you live with anyone who was a problem drinker or alcoholic or who used street drugs?
9. Was a household member depressed or mentally ill, or did a household member attempt suicide?
10. Did a household member go to prison?
Sign up to be notified of group and workshop dates.
Mail (will not be published) (required)
Grief & Loss
Oversensitiveness to Rejection
Text Us 832-699-5001 | Call Us 832-559-2622 or BOOK AN APPOINTMENT