Do You Feel Out of Control with Food Behavior? You Could Be Struggling with Disordered Eating
Are you struggling with disordered eating?
Review the list of questions below to see if any apply to you.
1. Has anyone ever told you that you have a problem with food?
2. Do you think food is a problem for you?
3. Do you eat large amounts of high calorie food in a short period of time?
4. Do you find yourself fearful of gaining weight?
5. Do you eat when you are disappointed, tense or anxious?
6. Can you stop eating without a struggle after one or two sweets?
7. Do find yourself preoccupied with gaining weight?
8. Has being overweight ever affected any part of your life?
9. Do you weigh yourself once or twice (or more) a day?
10. Do you eat more than you planned to eat?
11. Have you hidden food so that you would have it just for yourself?
12. Have you ever felt angry when someone ate food you saved for yourself?
13. Do you worry that you can’t control how much you eat?
14. Have you felt frantic about your size, shape or weight?
15. How many methods of weight loss have you tried in the past? (i.e., self induced vomiting, laxatives, diuretics, fasting, amphetamines, weight loss programs)
16. Have you ever felt so ashamed of the amount you eat that you hide your eating?
17. Have you been so upset about the way you eat that you wished you would die?
18. Do you overeat more than twice a week?
19. Do you invent plans in order to be alone to eat?
20. Do you seek out companions who eat the way you do?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you may be struggling with disordered eating. We’d like to help! We specialize in working with clients who are struggling with dieting, body image, bulimia, binge eating, compulsive overeating, emotional eating, or an eating disorder.
Want more help with food and body issues?
Click here to learn more or attend our Houston workshop, Make Peace with Food, Mind, Body & Emotions to get a jump start to help you understand why you’re eating too much and what to do about it. Participate in our 12-week group program to go in depth on making lifelong peace with food, mind, body & emotions.
To get started now give us a call to schedule an appointment at 832-559-2622 or schedule an appointment online.
We’ve all been there—angry with ourselves for overeating, for our lack of willpower, for failing at yet another diet. But the problem is not us; it’s that dieting, with its emphasis on rules and regulations, has stopped us from listening to our bodies.
If you’re one of the nearly 116 million Americans trying to lose weight, only to find that every diet you’ve tried has failed you, you are a diet survivor. You can step off the destructive diet bandwagon and reclaim your self-esteem, positive body image and a happy, healthy life. These 60 inspiring lessons will give you the tools you need to change your relationship with food, your body and yourself.
Geneen Roth adds a powerful new dimension to her work in Women Food and God. She begins with her most basic concept: The way you eat is inseparable from your core beliefs about being alive. Your relationship with food is an exact mirror of your feelings about love, fear, anger, meaning, transformation and, yes, even God.
Sign up to be notified of group and workshop dates.